Our pet’s health requires our daily care and attention.
Sometimes it can be difficult to know if a pet is unwell or in pain, they cannot tell you and are very good at hiding their symptoms. In the wild a weak or ill animal hides its condition to avoid predators, so it can be hard to tell if your pet is in trouble.
To help you recognise illness in your pet, here are some symptoms that could indicate a more serious underlying health problem. We recommend that if your pet shows any of the following signs, you should call Bruton Vets for an appointment:
- Difficulty in breathing or bad breath
- Difficulty or inability to walk or stand properly
- Disorientation, lethargy or weakness
- Pale gums
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Unproductive retching
- Straining to urinate, blood in urine
- Loss of appetite, marked weight loss or gain, excessive water consumption
- Abnormal lumps
- Discharges from the nose or eyes
- Persistent coughing or sneezing
- Painful, red or swollen eye(s)
- Loss of fur, a dull coat, open sores